Thursday, February 26, 2009

2009 Oil Painters of America- National Juried Exhibition

Time to Myself
30" x 15"
Oil on Canvas
2009 Oil Painters of America- National Juried Exhibition of Traditional Oils, Sage Creek Gallery in Santa Fe, NM
Sold

Well, it started out a rather normal morning; I had my coffee and was checking e-mails. I saw what I thought was the usual show date announcement e-mail from Juried Art Services until I realized in the subject line it had the word “Acceptance”…… I had all but forgotten today was the announcement day for Oil Painters of America.
Then of course all that could be heard was a loud,,,,YYYEEEEESSSSSSSS!

I also managed to get the beginning of my new web page up yesterday, so it is definably shaping up to be a very nice day!!

11 comments:

Christine Bray said...

This painting is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!! I love it! Congrats!

Teresa said...

Congratulations Amanda! Well deserved, this is a stunning painting! Bravo!!!!!!

artbyakiko said...

Congrats! It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

Amanda Carder said...

Thank you guys so much! As Teresa said to me earlier, I am still doing cartwheels!

Vern Schwarz said...

Amanda, YESSS indeed! What a wonderful honor, which you definitely deserve with this fabulous piece.

Amanda Carder said...

Thanks so much Vern, I am very happy about the opportunity. I am still blown away by your latest. I keep going back to your blog and looking at it. It is truly a break through. Thanks for sharing the info about your workshop.

Kari Tirrell said...

Congratulations! This painting is gorgeous. I'm very happy for you!

Carol Nelson said...

Beautiful, sensitive, moody painting. You captured a solitary moment everyone has felt when contemplating the waves.

Janet Whitehead said...

Congradulations Amanda, great painting!

K. Henderson Art said...

Will you be attending the opening in Santa Fe? I hope to see you there

Cathyann said...

Beautiful work! Congratulations Amanda. Quite an accomplishment to make the cut in this competition. Take a bow!