Sunday, August 16, 2009

Great Chattahoochee River Paint-Out

Morning Rush
16” x 8”
Oil on Canvas Panel

What a great experience. This was the first time I have participated in a Paint Out and being the first year of this particular one I was amazed at the turn out. There were 76 professional and amateur artists painting at numerous locations on the Chattahoochee River in Roswell, GA. The entire event was very well organized and completely about supporting art in the community. All of the artists were asked to share their top two paintings in a show and reception at Island Ford Nature Headquarters of the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area. The Paint-Out was the inspiration of my dear friend, Roswell artist Joan Hilliard who wanted to share the beauty of Roswell and the Chattahoochee River with fellow artists from across the country. It was hosted by the Roswell Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area.
My thanks to all who made this event possible.

These are the two paintings I chose to include in the show.
Click here to e-mail me for purchase information

4 comments:

Diana Marshall said...

Those are two beautiful paintings, it must have been a wonderful experience for you, lucky you.

Edward Burton said...

Wonderful paintings, Amanda - I especially love the way you handled the rushing water of the top painting - lot of movement there.

Christine Bray said...

I love the water in the first painting where you see it rushing down the rocks and then the calmness of the water on the 2nd. Both are just fantastic.

becky joy said...

Wonderful paintings. I especially like the rushing water.