Thursday, January 14, 2010

My New Best Friend

“It’s all about Max”
10” x 8”
Oil on Linen Panel
NFS

I have always had big dogs and never really spent that much time with small ones. Last March I went out to Salt Lake City to meet my new Family and gained an unexpected family member. Within about five minutes of arriving at their house this little fellow had me wrapped around his paw!
I was fortunate to catch this terrific shot of him while I was there and was able to paint it for Tom and Jan for their Christmas gift! I was so happy they were pleased, and I think Max was a bit proud of it to!
It is so much fun to paint something you love!!!!!


8 comments:

Edward Burton said...

What a little sweetie. Beautifully painted, Amanda.

Dana Cooper Fine Art said...

Gotta love Max, he's darling!

Amanda Carder said...

Thanks guys! I am telling ya he had me at first glance!!

AutumnLeaves said...

What a gorgeous portrait of Max! I love that look in his eyes and his resting spot on the back of the couch. I am not sure why, but I always think it is funny when a dog finds that spot as their favorite.

Karen Hargett said...

I love Max - great job on capturing that personality that small dogs have. I've had large and small dogs - love them all but my Cairn Terrier, Sassy, had my heart from the word go so I know what you are talking about.

Christine Bray said...

Love it. The eyes say it all.

Teresa said...

Oh Amanda, it's precious!!!Beautifully painted!

Phil Thomas said...

What a wonderful little fellow! You captured his personality.