Sunday, November 30, 2008

Week 12-13 Challenge - Buddha

10 x 10"
Oil on Linen Panel

When looking around the internet for some “Words of Wisdom” to write about this painting, I ended up finding an explanation for my last post. Funny how that works.

I was researching the words this painting brought to mind like Buddha, meditation and karma, and from their meaning I was able to understand why some paintings paint themselves.

karma mainly refers to one's intention or motivation
while doing an action

An example of good Karma is the “Bird of Paradise” painting. Not only did the act of painting bring me great pleasure, but the commission itself was highly motivating. Its ‘karma’ was the chain of circumstances that led to its creation. My patron is someone who means a lot to me and it was important I did my best to make her happy. In turn, the person she is having it painted for is very important to her, and she is looking forward to giving something beautiful and sentimental.

As my intention and motivation were positive, so were the results!

The above painting was another submission to Karin Jurick's Different Strokes From Different Folks . Thank you Karin

Please click here to contact me for purchase information

1 comment:

Vern Schwarz said...

Amanda, you are doing some great work here. I really like this painting as well as "Nothing in particular".