Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sophie found a home!

“Finding Sophie”
Oil on Canvas
24” x 18”
Sold

Well it’s funny how some paintings are harder to let go of than others. This one is a good example. I painted her about a year ago and she has spent most of that time gracing the wall of the front show room in my parents Jewelry store. Everyone there, especially my sister, had become rather attached. But it seems our dear Sophie has found her destiny. She is moving to the country in New York, where she will hang over the mantel in a wonderful rustic country home, which belongs to two very dear people! I believe first stopping in Ft Lauderdale!! That Cow has gotten to travel more than I have so far this year!!

One of the best reasons for doing shows is getting the opportunity to meet your patrons. I have been very fortunate to encounter so many wonderful people that help me keep my perspective on my work fresh!!
Thank You!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I haven't seen Sophie before today. What a masterpiece. I thought it was a photograph at first because the perspective and colors, tones were perfection. Congrats on the sale!

Atkins Jewelry said...

I miss you, Sophie... (sigh)